Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Better (Happy Birthday George) Day

A good night's sleep, a gorgeous fall morning, hugs for my family and a birthday to celebrate all add up to a better day.

I often wonder why we take our moods out on those we love most and are closest to, but then again that right there is the answer to my own question. I guess on some subconscious level we know we can. Not meaning to be intentionally hurtful with each other, but just knowing that there isn't anything we can't rely on each other for. As much as I don't like to be disrespected by my children, if one of them came up to me and said "mom, I'm really angry right now and I need to get it out or I feel like I'll explode - can I yell at you and cry?" ..... I'd say of course you can. You can always come to me. I'll help you feel better any way I can.

I know, that sounds completely crazy, doesn't it?

Anyway, today was a day to celebrate. George is 18. We had a wonderful family dinner together. I am thankful that we all had the chance to be together tonight.

No comments: