Monday, August 17, 2009

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

I've never understood this MMORPG thingy.

Peach plays a lot, and I find I get quite pi$$ed at the amount of time he spends online. Especially when there's laundry, dishes, kids ... basically life going on.

I'm a realist (read here: "I'm the adult.") I don't have time for games; for fantasy stuff. I've always prided myself for living in the real world. Peach, on the other hand, is everything I'm not. (Read here: "he's the child.") We are complete and total opposites. It's one of the things that he thinks makes us 'perfect' for each other.

However, this weekend I decided to try and understand - for peach's sake. And for the sake of peace in the house and my own sanity. Clearly, even though I don't understand it, it is something my husband has an interest in. I want to share his interests as much as he shares mine. He's always encouraging and supportive of me and my hobbies/interests.

I guess if I want to continue to refer to myself as the adult, I need to behave and respond as such.

We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck.

No comments: