Tuesday, April 13, 2010

BIG Hugs.

So, here I am more than a week since my last post. Wow ... almost 2. Guess I have, yet again, failed NaBloPoMo's post a day :( I have been very busy with school, with Spring, with family issues.

Today, especially though, I need to take a few minutes to honour the memory of my best friend on the 4th anniversary of her passing from metastatic breast cancer.

Dear Donna,
I can't believe 4 long years have passed. I miss you dearly. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've glanced around my living room, and could swear I see you sitting there with me over tea. I miss our walks, our long conversations and our laughs. Often times my first reaction is still to pick up the phone to call you. I do talk to you; I hope you can hear me. You've inspired so many aspects of my life, including my recent trip back to the classroom and my desire to make a difference in the field of palliative care. Thank you for your friendship, your support and your unwavering belief in me. I hope I was as good a friend to you.

No comments: